Strategies employed (including classroom differentiation)
1.Connect (Hook and Hold) (5 mins)
+ Teacher to remind students to observe safety rules and approach teacher or lab staff should they have any difficulties.
+ Students are to divide themselves into different roles to take care of the different areas.
2.Acquire and Make meaning (Receive Knowledge and skills, and understanding learning outcomes) (40 mins)
+ Students are to perform draft experiments with the advice from the teacher-in-charge
+ Students are to perform the actual experiments within the laboratory
+ Students are to collect the relevant and accurate data
+ Students are to record the data in an appropriate manner (both in the log book and in “Numbers”)
3.Transfer (Formative checks, reflections, etc.) (5 mins)
+ Students are reminded to keep their apparatus in the allocated space after their experiments
- Projects 2015
- Projects 2014, 2013, 2012
- L1 What is Science?
- L2 Generating Research Questions
- L3 Formulating Hypothesis
- L4 Literature Review
- L5 Bibliography and In-text Citation
- L6 Experimental Design
- L7 Writing Research Proposals (Science)
- L7 Writing Research Proposals (Engineering)
- L8 Submission of Research Proposals
- L9 Experimental Prep
- L10-16 Experimentation
- L17 Data Analysis
- L18 Drawing Conclusions
- L19-24 Written Report
- L25-32 Poster, Video, Blog and Log Book
- L33 Peer Appraisal & Insight and Reflection
- Useful software
- Where to buy things?
- Data Loggers in SST
- GANTT Chart